MSS Reunion 2014 Essay Competition
01.07.2014 - BRADES, MONTSERRAT
MSS REUNION ESSAY COMPETITION - THE RESULTS ARE IN!!
The contest is open to all students of the Montserrat Secondary School and will be sent to a blind judging panel consisting of five judges. The first place winner and runners up will share cash prizes totalling US$800.
Topic: As a MSS student what are the 3 biggest challenges that you face in the education system and what are the solutions you would like to recommend?
To engage the students of the Montserrat Secondary School and give voice to their concerns and views.
The students will be given an essay subject, format and guidelines for submission. The essays will be sent to a blind judging panel consisting of five noted writers and journalists. Each essay will be assigned a unique registration number upon submission to maintain anonymity to the judges.
The wining essay and runners up will be published on MNI Alive and the MSS Association website and awarded a cash prize of US$300, US$200 and US$100 respectively, and four US$50 conciliation prizes.
As a MSS student what are the 3 biggest challenges that you face in the education system and what are the solutions you would like to recommend?
1. Minimum of 1000 words
2. College spaced (1.5 lines)
3. Specific names should not be included in the essays.
4. Submit via email to info @mssassociation.org with subject heading "ESSAY COMPETITION".
5. Deadline for all submissions is Thursday, May 15, 2014.
Each performance area of your essay is rated on a scale of 1 to 4, with 4 being best.
1. Content and Development - unity; consistency; clear POV; evidence; elaboration.
2. Organization and Structure - thesis; audience; introduction, body, conclusion; transitions
3. Mechanical Conventions - spelling, grammar, punctuation
4. Critical Thinking - precision; depth; accuracy; logic
5. Presentation - typed
1. Jeevan Robinson
2. Theo Semper
3. Myrle Roach
4. Rose Willock
5. Andrew Skerritt
2014 RESULTS - CONGRATS TO ALL THE WINNERS!